Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Memory Lapse

I live day to day
with the hopes that
you will forget me in the morning,
and when you don't forget me
I wake.
Sleeping is a task
and when I wake
holds my fate
and you
are my fate.

Forever,
beloved
and
forgotten.

The choices are none,
my mind has been made
but not for myself
but by your touch
and your name.

If you freeze in place
then I can touch your skin.
If you give up your face
then I can let you in.
We do not allow masks
in this establishment.
We do not allow lies
in our love
or falsification
in our eyes.
Illusion we forbid.
Why are too shy;
too timid.

Our clocks, we set all back
five minutes
every seven minutes
and twelve minutes
every two.
The pattern lies
not within our eyes
but within our mind
and around our head.
The concept of time
that you know
is dead.
We keep clocks
for convenience.
The second hand reminds us
that our heart
still beats.

And
our hearts
still beat
and
our minds
still think
and
we all
still live
and
we try
to love
and
you try
to give
and
I attempt
to take
but
my head
is too weak
and
my hands
are both fake
and
your touch
is like ice
and
so black
are your eyes
and
too far
is your mind
but
still standing
is my hope.
that allows me to live
day to day
with the hope that
you will
forget me in the morning.

Every second spent,
every heartbeat sent
pulses through your body
and signals to your brain.
The goosebumps start to rise,
hair raised with conscious mind.
The matter at hand is not urgent
but that isn't what you claim.

Don't live a lie.
You live to die.
On your second try
you failed, again.

Let go and drop it
Watch it shatter
Then peel of your skin to prove
appearances don't matter.
Let your bones do the talking
and your muscles be your lines
to prove that flesh is nothing more
than something used to bind.
The words I say, each breath, each phrase,
all fall short of warning.
Each single sound is useless now
because you will forget me in the morning.

No comments: